It's time to Secure Your Website with HTTPS URL
Google has announced that all URLs that don't have the https in front of their domain will show a “NOT SECURE” warning to visitors beginning in July 2018.
This is what will show after you add an SSL Certificate and change your domain to https:
Here are some options to change your domain to an https url:
- If your website is in Wordpress:
- Some hosts, like Flywheel, have a free SSL Certificate you can install. After this is installed, go to your Advanced tab and tun on "Force HTTPS"
- Next in Google Analytics, make sure to change your Property Settings to https.
- If your host is another company, you'll need to purchase an SSL certificate. There are many more steps involved and we suggest to have your web developer do it for you.
- If your website is in LightCMS
- You'll need to use a 3rd party since there is no option in LightCMS to turn on https. We recommend Cloudflare.
- We can help with this if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.
Contact us if you need help moving your domain to https!
Posted on Thu, May 31, 2018
by Sarah Hokuf filed under